Monday, November 8, 2010

If I Were A Rich Man

Before I start, let me express my love for theatre. I'm a thespian in every sense of the word. With that said, let me start. This morning, I woke up at an early hour, thinking that I can get a good head start on my day. I set my alarm the night before with the intention of getting up and reading, working on homework, and being as productive as possible. The first few minutes of my morning went according to plan. I took my shower, brushed my teeth, and got dressed. Then, I wanted to go online to look on BeachBoard to see what assignments I could get an early jump on. As I sat at my computer, I suddenly thought about the Fiddler on the Roof, and began humming my favorite songs from it. Before long, I was on Youtube (a procrastinator's biggest weakness) singing along to If I Were A Rich Man on full volume. It's a good five minute song, and I probably played it close to ten times, singing along loudly each time. I haven't had the opportunity to listen to this song in a long time, so I took full advantage of the time I had. Now, I have the song stuck in my mind, and the image of Tevye happily jiggling to the song whenever I close my eyes. Looking back, I'm happy with how I spent that time. It's thoughts like this that help me power through the miserable days.

No comments:

Post a Comment