Monday, September 27, 2010

Being Late

Yesterday was my birthday, and no, you didn't need to get me anything. A card would be nice. Maybe a little cash inside? Anyway, I digress. Yesterday was my birthday, and I was supposed to go to dinner with my family at four. I was allowed to sleep in and meet them at the restaurant later. Sounds good, right? But unfortunately, I was late. To my own birthday dinner. I was late because I made the mistake of setting my alarm early enough so that I had around four hours to get ready. Now, most people would think the more time someone has to get things done the better. Not so much in my case. Whenever I have ample time do get something done, I always treat it as though I have all the time in the world and it either never gets done or it gets done in a hurry. I was late to the dinner by about 20 minutes, left the house without a shower, went in with a badly wrinkled shirt, but managed to have a great and memorable day with my family. It's not that I fail to see the logic behind getting things done early, I just enjoy my lifestyle far too much to give it up.

1 comment:

  1. Hey man, I know the situation quite well because I've done the same thing before, just with my Grandma's Birthday Dinner. Yeah, I know, even worse, right? I was busy helping my brother clean up his apartment, and when I got home, I decided to rest up before I got ready for the party, which was at a TGI Fridays abut 20 minutes from my house. Even though I set my alarm (well, two to be exact), I somehow hit the snooze button on both, reasoned with myself that I could close my eyes for a few more minutes, and proceeded to sleep until around 4:30 or so in the afternoon. The only problem was, the dinner was beginning at 5:00, and I still had to get ready, and get gas, and... well, you get the picture. So, to make a long story short, I got there about half an hour late, and, although I did have a great time, I felt like everyone was whispering about me behind my back the whole because I showed up a little later than "fashionably" late.

    ReplyDelete